|Borderlands: The Handsome Collection|
Borderlands: The Legendary Collection
|Engine||Unreal Engine 3|
|Genre(s)||Action role-playing, first-person shooter|
- Borderlands: The Handsome Collection Split Screen
- Borderlands The Handsome Collection Xbox One
- Borderlands The Handsome Collection Ps4
- Borderlands The Handsome Collection Gameplay
- Borderlands: The Handsome Collection Cheat Codes
- Borderlands The Handsome Collection Download
Borderlands: The Handsome Collection (released as Borderlands: The Legendary Collection on Nintendo Switch) is a compilation of first-person shooter video games developed by Gearbox Software and published by 2K Games. The Handsome Collection consists of both Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, along with all of their accompanying downloadable content, enhanced local multiplayer, and the ability to transfer save data from their respective PlayStation 3 (Both Borderlands 2 & Pre-Sequel)/Vita/PSVR and Xbox 360 versions. A port to the Nintendo Switch entitled The Legendary Collection was released in North America on May 29, 2020, which additionally includes the first Borderlands. For The Handsome Collection, Borderlands 2 was ported by Iron Galaxy Studios and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel by Armature Studio.The Legendary Collection port was handled by Turn Me Up Games and Behaviour Interactive.
Development and release
Borderlands: The Handsome Collection includes: The critically acclaimed Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel games in one package. All bonus add-on content for both games, adding hundreds of hours of gameplay at an incredible value. Cooperative gameplay for up to four players online. Take-Two Interactive Borderlands: The Handsome Collection Microsoft Xbox One. Borderlands The Handsome Collection Borderlands 2 + Pre-Sequel (PS4) NEW. Borderlands: The Handsome Collection (PlayStation 4, 2015).
Borderlands: The Handsome Collection Split Screen
To maintain consistency with the previous installments in the franchise, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel—a follow up set between the first two games in Gearbox Software's Borderlands franchise developed by 2K Australia, was only released on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 consoles. In July 2014, prior to the game's release, 2K Australia's head Tony Lawrence reiterated that there was a possibility that The Pre-Sequel could be ported to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One—gauged by fan demand and sales.
In December 2014, it was reported that a game titled Borderlands Remastered Edition, which was presumed to be a Borderlands port to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, had received a rating from the Australian Classification Board. No other details had been announced at that point. The discovery drew comparisons to other 'remastered' ports of recent previous generation games to the consoles, including Tomb Raider, The Last of Us, fellow Take-Two Interactive title Grand Theft Auto V, and Halo: The Master Chief Collection.
The compilation was announced on January 20, 2015, as The Handsome Collection, for a release in North America on March 24, 2015, and elsewhere on March 27, 2015. A limited 'Claptrap-in-a-Box' edition was also announced; this US$399 bundle includes lithographs of the playable characters from both games, a Steelbook case for the game, and a remote-controlled version of the robot character Claptrap; it can be controlled from an Android or iOS device using the 'ClaptrApp', features a single wheel and gyroscopic stabilization, can play Claptrap's in-game quotes, and has a camera in its eye that can be viewed from within the app. Only 5,000 copies of this edition were produced.
The compilation does not include the first Borderlands: speaking at PAX South, Gearbox CEO Randy Pitchford stated that they may consider creating a port of the original game if The Handsome Collection is 'wildly successful'.Borderlands received a separate remaster for PS4 and Xbox One (as well as an accompanying update to the PC version on Steam) in 2019.
On March 18, 2015, Gearbox Software and 2K Games confirmed that the game had been declared gold, indicating it was being prepared for duplication and release.
On March 26, 2020, Nintendo announced that a port of The Handsome Collection will be released along side Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition. It was released on May 29, 2020, both physically and digitally.
Both games in The Handsome Collection feature remastered graphics, and are capable of running at 1080p resolution at 60 frames per second when playing with one or two local players. The games are also capable of local split-screen multiplayer with up to four players, rather than the two-player limit of the previous-generation versions; four-player mode will reduce the frame rate to 30 frames per second. On April 3, 2019, a patch was released to add 4K support for PlayStation 4 Pro and Xbox One X.
Save data from the previous-generation versions of 2 or The Pre-Sequel (including characters and Badass Rank) can be migrated to The Handsome Collection from the PlayStation 3 (both games support Cross-Save) and Vita (Borderlands 2 only) versions to PlayStation 4, and the Xbox 360 version to Xbox One. Both games include all of their respective downloadable content—such as campaigns and additional playable characters. Claptastic Voyage—a campaign for The Pre-Sequel that was released on the same day as The Handsome Collection, is not included on-disc, but is a free download.
Borderlands The Handsome Collection Xbox One
Borderlands The Handsome Collection Ps4
Borderlands: The Handsome Collection received positive reviews from critics. Aggregating review websites Metacritic gave the PlayStation 4 version 82/100 based on 49 reviews.
IGN gave the compilation an 8.4 out of 10, praising the performance of its Borderlands 2 port for being 'rock solid'. Some issues were noted, including that the inventory menu in four-player mode was not scaled to fit the smaller amount of screen space, The Pre-Sequel had inconsistent frame rates, and users are unable to switch between the two games without rebooting it entirely, concluding that 'Minor quibbles aside, The Handsome Collection is a great package for any console-bound Borderlands fan.'GamesRadar was also positive, praising the extent of content available, but criticized minor framerate issues and that no significant new features were added.
Borderlands The Handsome Collection Gameplay
- ^'Borderlands: The Handsome Collection'. Nintendo of America. Retrieved March 28, 2020.
- ^'Borderlands: The Handsome Collection'. Nintendo Europe. Retrieved June 4, 2020.
- ^ ab'Borderlands: The Handsome Collection'. Nintendo of America. Retrieved March 28, 2020.
- ^'Projects: Borderlands: The Handsome Collection'. Iron Galaxy Studios. Archived from the original on January 3, 2014. Retrieved April 2, 2018.
The team at Iron Galaxy ported Borderlands 2 to PS4 and Xbox One, adding new features such as 4-player split screen to the mix in the process.
- ^'Games: Borderlands: The Handsome Collection'. Armature Studio. Retrieved April 2, 2018.
Port Project of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
- ^Clauson, Jonathan R. (January 20, 2015). ''The Handsome Collection' Of 'Borderlands 2' and 'The Pre-Sequel' Is Coming To PS4 And Xbox One'. Inquisitr. Tampa, Florida. Retrieved January 20, 2015.
- ^Sarkar, Samit (July 7, 2014). 'Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel could eventually come to PS4, Xbox One'. Polygon. Vox Media. Retrieved January 21, 2015.
- ^Tach, Dave (December 12, 2014). 'Borderlands Remastered Edition spotted on Australian ratings website'. Polygon. Vox Media. Retrieved January 21, 2015.
- ^Crossley, Rob (December 12, 2014). 'Borderlands Remastered Listing Hints at Xbox One and PS4 Port'. GameSpot. CBS Interactive. Retrieved January 21, 2015.
- ^ abc'Borderlands: The Handsome Collection bundles previous two games for PS4 and Xbox One'. GamesRadar. January 20, 2015. Retrieved January 21, 2015.
- ^Orland, Kyle (January 21, 2015). 'New Borderlands collection comes in $399 package with RC Claptrap'. Ars Technica. Retrieved January 21, 2015.
- ^ abFutter, Mike (January 20, 2015). 'Borderlands: The Handsome Collection Lands On Xbox One, PS4 In March With A $400 Limited Edition'. Game Informer. Retrieved January 21, 2015.
- ^'PAX South 2015: Why Borderlands Isn't on Next-Gen and How You Can Change That'. IGN. Retrieved January 29, 2015.
- ^McWhertor, Michael (March 28, 2019). 'Borderlands remaster coming to PC, PS4, and Xbox One in April'. Polygon. Archived from the original on March 28, 2019. Retrieved March 28, 2019.
- ^Roberts, Samuel (March 28, 2019). 'Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition is a free upgrade for existing PC players'. PC Gamer. Archived from the original on March 29, 2019. Retrieved March 29, 2019.
- ^Sirani, Jordan (March 18, 2015). 'Borderlands: The Handsome Collection Gone Gold'. IGN. Retrieved March 19, 2015.
- ^Borderlands (March 26, 2020). 'Borderlands Legendary Collection – Nintendo Switch Announce Trailer'. YouTube. Retrieved June 21, 2020.
- ^Roberts, Samuel (March 28, 2019). 'Borderlands 2 and The Pre-Sequel are getting free 4K texture packs'. PC Gamer. Retrieved March 28, 2019.
- ^'Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel goes on a 'Claptastic Voyage' on March 24'. ShackNews. Retrieved March 8, 2015.
- ^Strickland, Derek (January 20, 2015). 'Borderlands Collection announced for PS4, Xbox One'. VR World. Retrieved January 21, 2015.
- ^ ab'Borderlands: The Handsome Collection for PlayStation 4 Reviews'. Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved July 4, 2015.
- ^'Borderlands: The Handsome Collection for Xbox One Reviews'. Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved April 5, 2020.
- ^ abRoberts, David (March 24, 2015). 'Borderlands: The Handsome Collection review'. GamesRadar. Retrieved March 24, 2015.
- ^ ab'Borderlands: The Handsome Collection review - The Butt Stallion You Rode In On'. IGN.com. Retrieved March 24, 2015.