|Just Shapes & Beats|
|Platform(s)||Microsoft Windows, macOS, Linux, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Stadia|
|Release||May 31, 2018|
About This Content From Monstercat comes a track selection straight out of Just Shapes & Beats! Listen to some of the game's tracks in MP3 form at the highest of quality, no even higher, HIGHER, yeah there we go. Lets Be Friends - FTW nanobii - Rainbow Road Nitro Fun - Cheat Codes Nitro Fun - Final Boss Nitro Fun - New Game Noisestorm - Barracuda. High quality Just Shapes And Beats gifts and merchandise. Inspired designs on t-shirts, posters, stickers, home decor, and more by independent artists and designers from around the world. All orders are custom made and most ship worldwide within 24 hours.
Just Shapes & Beats is an actionrhythmvideo game developed and published by Canadian indie team Berzerk Studio. It was released on May 31, 2018 for Microsoft Windows and Nintendo Switch, February 24, 2019 for macOS and Linux, May 10, 2019 for PlayStation 4 in the US, and May 30, 2019 for PlayStation 4 in Europe, Russia and Australia. It was also released on June 30, 2020 for Stadia. In this game, players move a colorful shape to the beat of background music and dodge pink shapes.
A game about shapes, and about beats. 'Just Shapes & Beats' is a chaotic co-op musical bullet-hell based on three simple things: avoid Shapes, move to the rad Beats, and die, repeatedly. This is an action/rhythm game in which players dodge shapes while moving in time to the beat of accompanying songs. As players progress through the story, they occasionally engage in boss battles, avoiding monsters made from geometric shapes. One cutscene depicts a monster punching a smaller creature; another sequence depicts a creature being struck by a triangular shape, resulting in pink blood stains. 'The arcade rhythm game experience of Neon FM™ is now at your fingertips!. Groove to over 130 licensed songs from labels such as Monstercat. Unlimited free music plays on new songs every week!. New music every 2 weeks!. EDM genres include Trap, Future Bass, Electro House, Synthwave, Glitch Hop, Trance, and many more. Battle in real-time with international online multiplayer.
Up to four players each control one small shape, surviving attacks simply by dodging against a variety of attacks, such as huge beams, bouncing hills, snake-like spirals, and pulsating shapes. These attacks appear, move, and attack in rhythm to the music, with difficulty increasing the further players progress.
The rhythm visually manifests on-screen as all manner of objects, of different patterns and sizes, distinguishable by their pink color, that must be dodged until the track ends. Getting struck by one of these attacks causes the player to lose part of their shape, represented by either a cyan square, a yellow triangle, a green pentagon or an orange circle, if there are multiple players. If the shape breaks entirely, the game rewinds to the previous checkpoint. Three breaks within a single level results in a Game Over screen, with the text stating 'It's Over' and the cyan square breaking down to pieces. Tapping Enter (PC/Steam), A (Switch), or the Cross button (PS4) multiple times causes the square to fix itself and changes the screen's text to read 'It's NOT Over', allowing the player to continue from the beginning of the level.
Just Shapes & Beats - Monstercat Track Selection Download Free Pc
Hardcore mode was added in 2019, which adds the harder versions of all available levels.
Just Shapes & Beats offers multiple modes that feature variations on the basic gameplay, such as party mode, playlist, challenge run, and a story mode.
The first demo of the game was revealed at PAX 2016 and was supposed to be released that summer. During the event, release date was delayed from late 2016 to early 2017. The game was eventually delayed again, with a launch date of summer 2018. On March 20, 2018, it was announced that the game would also receive a release on the Nintendo Switch.
On review aggregator Metacritic, Just Shapes & Beats has received 83/100, indicating 'generally favorable reviews.'
Just Shapes & Beats - Monstercat Track Selection Download Free Download
- PAX Prime, 2014
- Indie Megabooth Alumni
- PAX East, 2015
- Indie Megabooth Alumni
- SideQuesting Team Choice Award
- Destructoid Best of PAX
- Golden Joystick Awards, 2018
- Best Audio Design
- Best Indie Game
- Independent Games Festival Awards, 2018
- Excellence in Visual Art
Just Shapes & Beats - Monstercat Track Selection Download Free Version
- ^'Berzerk Studio (@berzerkstudio)'. Twitter. Retrieved July 7, 2019.
- ^ ab'Review: Just Shapes & Beats'. destructoid. Retrieved 2019-01-18.
- ^McAloon, Alissa (April 23, 2016). 'Just Shapes & Beats is stressful, chaotic, and I absolutely love it'. Destructoid. Retrieved March 20, 2018.
- ^Osborn, Alex (March 20, 2018). 'GDC 2018: 14 Games Announced for Nintendo Switch in March 20th's Nindies Showcase'. IGN. Retrieved March 20, 2018.
- ^Moyse, Chris (March 20, 2018). 'Reaction-based bass blaster Just Shapes & Beats coming to Switch'. Destructoid. Retrieved March 20, 2018.
- ^ ab'Just Shapes & Beats for Switch Reviews'. Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved June 8, 2018.
- ^Lane, Gavin (June 7, 2018). 'Just Shapes & Beats Review (Switch eShop)'. Nintendo Life. Nintendo Life. Retrieved June 8, 2018.
- ^Ronaghan, Neal (June 4, 2018). 'Just Shapes and Beats Review'. Nintendo World Report. Nintendo World Report. Retrieved June 8, 2018.
- ^Studio, Berzerk. 'Just Shapes & Beats'. justshapesandbeats.com. Retrieved 2019-01-18.
- ^Hoggins, Tom (September 24, 2018). 'Golden Joysticks 2018 nominees announced, voting open now'. The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved November 18, 2018.
- ^Sheridan, Connor (November 16, 2018). 'Golden Joystick Awards 2018 winners: God of War wins big but Fortnite gets Victory Royale'. GamesRadar+. Retrieved November 18, 2018.
- ^Fogel, Stephanie (January 3, 2019). ''Return of the Obra Dinn' Leads IGF Awards Nominees'. Variety. Retrieved January 14, 2019.