On its surface, Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack is equal parts Katamari and platformer. Through nearly 30 levels, you take a green, one-eyed blob across a 2D plane and gobble up everything in.
- Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack (2012) Pc
- Tales From Space Mutant Blobs Attack Trophy Guide
- Tales From Space Mutant Blobs
- A free downloadable content costume editor was released in an update on March 8, 2011 where players can dress their Blobs in various outfits. The sequel, Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack, was released in February 2012 as a launch title for the PlayStation Vita.
- Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack is a side-scrolling platform video game, released on February 21, 2012, as a launch title of the PlayStation Vita. It was developed and published by DrinkBox Studios. It is the sequel to Tales from Space: About a Blob.
- Content: Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack Check price and availability in your Xbox LIVE region Game Description: A puzzle-platformer of cataclysmic proportions, starring an ornery blob with an insatiable appetite. Begin the game a tiny captive carnivore, finish a city-devouring giant. Gain freakish new abilities including magnetism, telekinesis, and rocket power. Platforming has never.
|Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack|
|Platform(s)||Linux, Microsoft Windows, Nintendo Switch, OS X, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, Xbox 360|
|Release||PlayStation VitaMicrosoft Windows|
August 15, 2012
June 18, 2014
May 10, 2019
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack is a side-scrollingplatformvideo game, released on February 21, 2012, as a launch title of the PlayStation Vita. It was developed and published by DrinkBox Studios. It is the sequel to Tales from Space: About a Blob. Mutant Blobs Attack was later released for Microsoft Windows computers with versions for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 released in June 2014.
The game is about a grumpy mutant Blob that escapes into the world and starts eating everything around him. Mutant Blobs Attack features new levels, new powers and controls, and a new Blob player character.
In Mutant Blobs Attack the player controls a gelatinous mutant Blob. The player can grow by eating loose objects in the game environment. Over the course of each level, the player encounters a series of obstacles they must grow large enough to bypass. The game combines traditional 2D thumbstick-based platforming controls with touch-based powers and abilities. Physics-based puzzles are often mixed in with the action.
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack was received positively by critics. IGN gave a score of 9 out of 10, saying 'Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack stole my heart.' GameZone scored it 9.5 out of 10, saying 'One of the PS Vita's first downloadable games turns out to be a must have for the system. As of 22 February, Metacritic showed that the game is the second best rated out of the 30 Vita games, with a score of 87%.
Digital Trends named Mutant Blobs Attack the Best Handheld Game of 2012.Mutant Blobs Attack also appeared in several 'Best of 2012' lists, including 'Handheld of the Year 2012' from GamesRadar, 'Best Indie games of 2012' from VentureBeat, and 'Top 50 Games of 2012' from Game Informer.Mutant Blobs Attack was nominated for 'Best PlayStation Vita Network Game' at IGN, losing to Super Stardust Delta, but claiming the People's Choice Award in the category.
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack (2012) Pc
- ^'PAX: A PlayStation Vita Debut'. IGN. Retrieved 21 September 2011.
- ^'PAX Hands On – Mutant Blobs Attack'. PlayStation LifeStyle. Retrieved 21 September 2011.
- ^'Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack! Trailer/Screens'. Gamershell.com. Retrieved 21 September 2011.
- ^http://uk.vita.ign.com/articles/121/1219029p1.html IGN review
- ^http://www.gamezone.com/reviews/tales-from-space-mutant-blobs-attack-review GameZone review
- ^http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/release-date/available/vita/metascore?view=condensed&hardware=all Metacritic Vita new releases
Tales From Space Mutant Blobs Attack Trophy Guide
A sci-fi puzzle-platformer of cataclysmic proportions. You’re a hungry, disgruntled Blob of alien origin with mutant powers and an insatiable appetite. To the great horror of your former captors (and all of humanity), you have escaped into the world. While growing in size and scope, you’ll gain new abilities that take platforming to new heights. At first you’re rolling around jumping and eating. Suddenly you’re using magnetic powers to push and pull yourself in midair, hovering between instant death. Finally you’re rocketing around levels, free to explore impossible to reach areas. 24 expansive levels, PLUS top-down bonus stages. Consume Everything!!! Regret Nothing!!!!
The Game Includes:
– Insane Growth: Start the size of a tennis ball. Grow to massive proportions.
– Mutant Powers: Fly like a bottle rocket, stick to things like a fridge magnet, or use the powers of telekinesis to move platforms.
– Retro Style: 50’s-inspired art & music paired with B-movie-inspired humor.
Minimum System Requirements:
Tales From Space Mutant Blobs
System: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 10
Processor: 2.0 GHz+ Dual Core or higher
Memory: 512 MB RAM
Graphics: 256 MB VRAM with Shader Model 3.0 support
Storage: 300 MB of available HD Space